Here are some key resources to help end the HIV epidemic in Los Angeles County.
Ending the HIV Epidemic Resources in Los Angeles County:
- EHE Plan: ENGLISH and SPANISH
- EHE Plan Executive Summary: ENGLISH and SPANISH
- EHE Infographics: ENGLISH and SPANISH
- EHE Townhall Presentation, September 16, 2020
- Program Brief: HIV Prevention Through HIV Testing, 2021
- Routine HIV Screening Overview – 4/2022
PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) and PEP (Post-Exposure Prophylaxis) Resources
Free or Low Cost HIV Treatment and Supportive Services
Free or low-cost HIV specialty medical care and supportive services are available to people living with HIV under the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP).
Click on the fact sheets below to learn more about each service and how to access them. Additional fact sheets for services are in development and will be added as they are finalized.
- RWHAP for People with HIV: ENGLISH and SPANISH – Updated 8/2022
- Ambulatory Outpatient Medical Services: ENGLISH and SPANISH – Updated 8/2022
- Benefits Specialty Services: ENGLISH and SPANISH – Updated 8/2022
- Home-Based Case Management: ENGLISH and SPANISH – Updated 8/2022
- Medical Care Coordination Services: ENGLISH and SPANISH – Updated 8/2022
- Mental Health Services: ENGLISH and SPANISH – Updated 8/2022
- Oral Health Services: ENGLISH and SPANISH – Updated 8/2022
- Residential Care Facility for the Chronically Ill Services: ENGLISH and SPANISH – Updated 8/2022
- Transitional Residential Care Facility Services: ENGLISH and SPANISH – Updated 8/2022
- Transportation Services: ENGLISH and SPANISH – Updated 8/2022
Student Opportunities in Los Angeles County
Open the spreadsheet below to explore jobs, internships, and more opportunities within community-based organizations and medical service providers.
- Opportunities Spreadsheet, Your Role in Ending the HIV Epidemic – Updated 4/2022
- Download the Sexual Health Resource Guide for a list of organizations and websites with sexual health information and care resources.
- Download the TakeMeHome.org Palm Cards to distribute to your community, in order to promote access to HIV self-test kits.
- Visit Get Protected LA for information on HIV, STDs, testing locations, sexual health, PrEP, and more.
- Educate yourself & others about HIV to reduce stigma.
- Attend Los Angeles County Commission on HIV meetings to get connected.
- AHEAD Dashboard includes local data from all EHE jurisdictions across the U.S.
- Learn more about the Ending the HIV Epidemic: A Plan for America
Archive – LA County HIV/AIDS Strategy (LACHAS)
Prior to the launch of the federal initiative, Ending the HIV Epidemic in the U.S., Los Angeles County developed and released its own jurisdictional plan in November 2017, titled the Los Angeles County HIV/AIDS Strategy for 2020 and Beyond (LACHAS), which offered a framework of policies, recommended strategies, and numerical targets that collectively we sought to achieve. Click the links below to explore the archived LACHAS Plan in detail.